I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Spice bread

 2 medium granny smith apples
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
pinch of nutmeg (optional)1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
Peel & grate apples; toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.

Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg &  salt in a large bowl.
Combine apples, sugar, oil, egg & vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix well, add to dry ingredients. Stir until just blended & transfer to pan.
Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out of center almost clean.
Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.
Where do I try my recipes? At The Enchanted Hovel.

No comments: