I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mrs Fields Oatmeal Raisin Chews

      2 1/4 c. flour
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/4 tsp salt
     1 c. quick oats (not instant)
     1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
     1/2 c. white sugar
     1 c. butter
     2  Tablespoons honey
     2 tsp pure vanilla extract
     2  Large eggs
     1 1/2 c. raisins
     1/2 c. chopped walnuts

 Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Combine flour, soda, salt, oats. Stir together, set aside.
In large bowl, blend sugars with mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to create a grainy paste, scrape down sides of bowl, then add in honey, vanilla and eggs.
Mix at medium speed until lite and fluffy.
Add in flour mix, raisins and nuts, blend at low speed just till combined. Don't overmix.
Drop by Tbsp. onto ungreased cookie sheets 1-1/2 inches apart Bake 18-22 minutes.

I usually get about 3 dozen cookies.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.
Where do I try my recipes? At The Enchanted Hovel.

No comments: