I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Macaroons!!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Whisk 2 egg whites with 1/8 teaspoon of salt until stiff peaks form.

Fold in 14 ounces of flaked coconut, 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk & 1 teaspoon of extract. (I use 1/2 vanilla & 1/2 coconut or almond)

Drop by tablespoon onto parchment lined cookie sheets.

Bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

*Tips: let them cool slightly before transferring to a plate or they might stick to the plate.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: