I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pineapple Sweet & Sour chicken

* * * not tested * * *

2 cups Minute white rice uncooked
1 can (20 oz) Dole pineapple chunks
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium red or green pepper cut into chunks
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup sweet & sour sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce

Prepare rice according to package dirctions.
Drain pineapple; reserve 2 Tbsp juice.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, & mushrooms; cook until tender crisp. Remove vegetables from skillet & add chicken til browned & cooked through. Return vegetables to skillet, add sweet & sour sauce, soy sauce, pineapples & juice. Heat through.
Serve with rice.

Cook time - 20 minutes
Serves 6

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: