I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fried Corn - Semi Homemade

I saw this on Semi Homemade & made it for the first time last Thanksgiving.
Here's the link if anyone else wants to try it http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/fried-corn-recipe/index.html

My thoughts when I made it:
It was a little too rich even for a special occasion. The recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of butter & 3 tablespoons of sweetener. I only used 2 tablespoons of sweetener but the full amount of butter. Nothing seemed off with the missing sweetener.
The second time I made it I reduced the butter by 1.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: