I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ambrosia

I grew up knowing this as Ambrosia. I have also seen it called 5 cup salad & friut salad.

In a large mixing bowl combine 1 small can each of drained pineapple, peach & mandarin orange all in chunks. You can also use other fruits, these are just my favorites.
Stir in 1 cup (sometimes a little more depending on how well it covers your fruit) of sour cream & about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
If it seems too thick add in some of your fruit juice.
Stir in a cup of mini marshmallows.
This recipe is about 6 servings, depending on your portion size.

Let stand in refrigerator for at least an hour (depending how cold you keep your fridge)

You can use fresh fruit, I did the last time I made it.
Sometimes I toast the coconut too, it adds a little more flavor, just let it cool before you stir it in.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: