I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Scalloped Potatoes

 4-6 potatoes
milk
salt & pepper - to your taste preference
flour, butter
(sorry measurements aren't listed, I just go by eye)

Wash & slice potatoes. Sometimes I peel them sometimes I don't, it depends what kind of potato I'm using.
Layer potatoes in a baking dish. I use an 8x8 square or a 13x9. Sprinkle on salt, pepper & flour. Cut small slices of butter & scatter on top. Repeat this step until done with potatoes; I usually get 3 to 4 layers.
Pour enough milk over to almost cover potatoes.
Cover with foil & bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; remove foil & bake another 30 or so minutes until potatoes are soft.

Sometimes I like to thinly slice an onion & scatter it through the layers.
On special occasions I do half milk & half cream.

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: