I am currently working on a re-model as well as a few memes. I hope to be all done by mid September.

This began as a way to organize recipes I found in magazines - much easier than a bunch of papers piling up all over the place! I've also started sharing some of my own personal & favorite recipes.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Southwestern Salad

~ I have not tried this recipe ~
Southwestern Salad - serves 6

2 tablespoons olive oil
the juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon each of salt, cumin & chili powder
pinch of pepper

Whisk together in a large bowl.
Stir in
1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
1 15 1/2 ounce can of small white beans, rinsed & drained
1 finely chopped tomato
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion

I've made a similar recipe but I used black beans. Also make sure your tomatoes are as firm as can be.
This can be prepared ahead of time & refrigerated however I prefer it at room temperature.


Looking for kid friendly recipes? Stop by my baby blog Heir to the Hovel.

No comments: